Friday, June 11, 2010

Trolling is bad... so very bad


Trolling is never nice. Sometimes I do and don't mean to, and other times I'm just feeling bitchy and do it anyway. I've gotten into a couple of times on theknot.com's snarky bride board, and twice on facebook. The first time on facebook was an accident, but this second time (today) was definitely on purpose. I feel kinda bad, but I feel little better in a way.

Long story short, a friend said she was frustrated by someone trash talking her. Someone commented and said to kill them with kindness. I commented and said to quietly sabotage them. Then I get my ass jumped for giving bad advice. Original poster knew I was joking (any of my friends would), so I pointed that out... and then told her to un-wad her panties. Then the madness begun (apparently I dissed an "aunt")...

Rachel I want to beat this little girl that is talking shit.

Yesterday at 8:07pm

·
Ashlie Book
Ashlie Book
turn the other cheek. kill her with kindness. that is the worst pain you could ever cause someone. that's what i say @ least ;)
Yesterday at 8:20pm

Linda Taylor Harris
Linda
Good advice Ashlie. Kill her with kindness!
Yesterday at 8:39pm

Alicia Lolcat Anderson
Alicia Lolcat Anderson
I say quietly sabotage her. Teach her the meaning of irony.
5 hours ago ·

Linda Taylor Harris
Linda
Alicia, THAT is NOT good advice. Revenge gets you nothing in the end. No one feels good. Just treat this person with kindness and rise above her pettiness. YOU be the better person.
5 hours ago

Alicia Lolcat Anderson
Alicia Lolcat Anderson
It's a good thing Rachel knows me, because that also means that she knows I'm kidding. Linda, you might need to go to restroom now and un-wad your panties. That must be so uncomfortable!
4 hours ago ·

Linda Taylor Harris
Linda
Miss Attitude, I don't believe YOU are the sort of person MY NIECE needs to be associating with. I suggest YOU go to the restroom and relieve yourself of the **** you dish out. As nieve as Rachel is, I doubt if she realizes that YOU aren't the sort of person who should be providing advice to anyone JOKING or not.
4 hours ago

Alicia Lolcat Anderson
Alicia Lolcat Anderson
Linda, "Kill them with kindness." Why don't you try this: practice what you preach. Maybe as a hypocrite, you shouldn't be giving out advice either.

At least I can argue a point without sinking to "symbol" cursing and misspelling "naïve". Also, you're not her mama, so maybe you should cut the apron strings.

Rachel, you're an adult and can make smart decisions on your own. Here's my serious advice; take it if you like. If this a friend, you might consider just removing them from your life. A toxic friend will poison everyone around them. Take care, and this too shall pass. *hugs*
4 hours ago ·

Linda Taylor Harris
Linda
Well, FINALLY some advice that would be worth considering. Toxic friends should be removed from one's life, as well as disrespectfully, immature people much, like Miss Attitude who was only correct in her spelling of "naive".
Rachel, you are a young adult who's sweetness need not be polluted by those who cause you grief of any kind. You've found a comfort in your present life and I wish you well. May your better judgement prevail. Love you!
about an hour ago

Alicia Lolcat Anderson
Alicia Lolcat Anderson
Linda, it's nice that you can say rude things about me and still agree with my advice. ;) I guess we both have good intentions in the end.
39 minutes ago ·


I really shouldn't have started anything and should have left well enough alone, but that lady was uppity and preachy and I felt like I needed to straighten her out or something. Not like it did any good. Sure, I could have continued to correct her grammar or spelling, or something equally asinine. In the end, I just looked like a jerk and made her look dumb. Neither one of us profited from that exchange. Sigh, why can't everyone just agree to disagree - respectfully, of course.

Oh, and it's Mrs. Attitude to you.

2 comments:

  1. lol. Someone needed to tell Ms Aunty she was being a bit preachy; glad you did! Some Aunt she is, too! Calling her niece naive. I'd be so upset if my Aunt didnt feel I was smart enough to decide who my friends should be!

    And name-calling, too! Mature and wise, Ms Aunty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol wow. She definitely doesn't know you, or know not to take Facebook comments seriously. Talk about your overreactions.

    ReplyDelete