Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stuff on the brain

A lot of little things have been floating around my brain, either to encourage me or annoy me. Just little things, but a lot of them. I'm hoping that writing about it will get everything straightened out in my head.

It seems that there's not enough time in the day. I spend 11 hours a day away from home with work and my commute. I have to come home and cook dinner, take care of any chores, and then find some time to unwind. I also need to find more time to go to the gym, read more books, play more video games, watch movies or shows. Sometimes I feel like all I do is work and come home to cook. Goodness, if I had kids I'd have even less time for myself.

Ultimately, I wish that work and home were closer. Right now, that's not an option. I have a court date set in August to sue a delinquent account for the clinic. I can't exactly just leave them hanging on that. After we see how this case works out, we may send a whole group of accounts through the court system. Another commitment is coming my way! I found out quite a while ago that court dates are usually full for about 6 - 8 months out. Do people really sue other people or companies that much around here? Jeeeeez.

I've filled out all my thank you cards (as of three weeks ago), and I've given them to Mark to mail out. He still hasn't done that. I don't want to be a nag, but come on!!!! Mail the damn thank you cards already. How annoying...

Lots of my friends are tying the knot! Yay! I know I'm about to sound really shallow here, but whatehv. I'm going to put this out here anyway. Ladies, when you put on that fabulous and perfect corset back wedding dress, please don't cinch yourself in so tightly! I've seen a couple of very pretty gowns on girls in fairly good physical shape that are tightened too much. Then you know what happens? Muffin top and back crease. Seriously! Look at this:

I know I wasn't exactly "slim and trim" on my big day, but I'd like to imagine that I wore a flattering dress that fit my body type well. Who knows? Maybe I was delusional... It wouldn't be the first time. ;)

I tried something new today! I woke up around five-ish this morning and hit the gym before work. It was nice because the gym wasn't crowded. It was also a pain because I was sleepy and couldn't get moving enough to burn a significant amount of calories. I'm going to keep at it though. I think I just need to go to bed a little earlier and get used to the routine. Then on days I don't go workout, it will feel like I get to sleep in. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment