Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Letting Go

I needed to get this off my chest - so I sent a letter. I still can't talk to my grandma until I cool down some more. Hopefully she realizes the severity of her actions. I've already sent this in the mail, and I feel much better.

Grandma Ginger –

I’m writing you this letter because I’m too hurt to talk to you about this. I talked to mom about why you left my wedding. Mark and I cannot express how hurt and disappointed we are that you skipped out on the rest of our wedding day. Everything ended at 7 pm. The last dance, us going around to visit everyone, throwing rice, the get away car – all this was missed. Not only did you miss out on these things, but you took away my mother on the most important day of her daughter’s life.

I thank the lord every day that I didn’t hear about what you said or why you left until after the wedding and honeymoon. If I had known on that day, I would have cried and it would have absolutely ruined my wedding.


Alicia

3 comments:

  1. Man... I could only imagine the hurt. its good that your getting this off your chest.
    Chin up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well worded. Letters are always good for calmly expressing emotions. I'm so sorry she pulled that.
    And on the upside, your wedding was amazing and the day itself wasn't tainted by any negativity. AND it's almost the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follow up - I never sent the letter, but it felt good to write it. Reason for not sending the letter?? Just don't need to cause any more drama than what's already there (i.e. don't stir up the sh*t pot cause it already stinks).

    ReplyDelete